Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Challenge: Day 1 - Cookies are not your friend.

So it is the first day of my healthy eating challenge and boy, it was tough. While I mostly stayed in control, I will say I did break at one point (as it was a stressful day at work) by endulging in two of my homemade cookies. I balanced that out by going to the gym and jumping on the bike for 1/2 hour.

So, what did I eat today? Here's a breakdown:
- breakfast: 1 egg and 3 slices of ham
- morning snack: 1/4 cup of almonds and 2 cookies
- lunch: beef stirfry with vegetables and brown rice
- afternoon snack: 1/4 cup of almonds and 2 cookies
- dinner: chicken stirfry with vegetables (see picture) and brown rice, with blackberries as dessert

Okay, not bad for the first day, but I'm sitting on my couch now (after a good workout) and my tummy is rumbling. I can't see this challenge lasting much longer. Really, I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment