Friday, February 25, 2011

February Challenge - Day 25: Airport Food

It's 7pm. I'm stuck at Logan International Airport. I'm tired. I'm hot (it was freezing in here, and now it's like 100 degrees). And I am clearing out emails. Yes, my Fridays have become the social life everyone dreams of.

What's worse is the limited food selection here at Logan. It's either Starbucks or good ol' American bar food. Picking out the healthiest option on the menu, I went with a grilled chicken brioche. It did come with cheese and a "healthy" serving of mayo. It also came with a side salad and fries. I wolfed down the chicken burger like my life depended on it, but I had 3 or 4 fries and was less than impressed. Have I really gotten over fried foods? Or was it just a really terrible french fry?

The only saving grace was the salad, which, not surprisingly, was a miniscule portion compared to the fries. Hey, it could have been worse. I could have been sitting at a Denny's or an IHOP, where everything is fried or comes with a side of butter.

Another hour to go here at Logan. Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment