Saturday, February 26, 2011

February Challenge - Day 26: Breakfast Sandwiches

Most of this month, I've realized I've actually been posting about my cravings for food than how I've been eating healthy. That's what happens when you deprive yourself of the foods you love the most. I've been really good this month at eating breakfast before leaving the house (particularly for work) in order to get the day going right and keeping me good and full until lunchtime.

One thing I miss the most is the comforting breakfast sandwich. Whether it be a bacon with egg on a cheese bagel from The Bagel Stop or a Sausage and Egg Breakfast Muffin from Tim Horton's, I cannot resist the calorie-tastic, artery-clogging breakfast sandwich.

So it was a surprise I was able to hold out this long until I had to have one. Let me set it up for you as to why I got one this morning.

I got to bed late last night...around 1am due to a delayed flight into Pearson landing at around 10pm. I got home, got settled in, showered, did some work, and then, it was 1am. Blah. I had to get up at 630am today to get to a conference that started at 8am...or so I thought. I woke up at 715, panicked that I was late, and grabbed a cab to Yonge & Dundas Square, near the conference venue. With little to no options at 730 in the morning, I ran into Starbucks, and grabbed a venti green tea with 2 teabags (of which they charge you $2.30 for - seriously, $2.30 for two teabags and hot water...seriously.) and a bacon, egg and brie breakfast sandwich.

When I sat down to eat it (after running a block and a half to get to the conference) I was sadly disappointed. It was puny - 4 bites and I was done (granted, they were big bites). It was bland and well, not as great as the other breakfast sandwiches I mentioned earlier and hold with such high esteem. And usually, when you're starving, the food you eat tastes that much more incredible, not with this.

So Starbucks, I don't think I'll be buying anymore of your breakfast sandwiches. For $3.95, give me two Tim Horton's heart attacks, I mean sausage and egg English muffins, anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment