Thursday, February 24, 2011

February Challenge - Day 24: Chocolate Covered Strawberries = Overrated


Chocolate covered strawberries. The idea is great and slightly romantic. However, to eat one of these things is nothing but messy and highly unromantic.

My co-worker Amber was kind enough to share some of her strawberries (she had an entire box of them - from a secret admirer no doubt) with me tonight. They were very pretty - large strawberries with a thick layer of dark chocolate and a light drizzle of white chocolate to top it off. I couldn't resist, so I took two (FATTY, I know.) I quickly plowed through my dinner (stirfry, again...) and then started to eat my reward...I mean, dessert.

After one bite

It all went downhill from the moment I touched the chocolate-covered strawberry (CCS for short). First off, there was no stem to grab a hold of, so my fat fingers tried to grasp the leafy parts but they fell off quicker than a prostitutes clothes. Fine, I thought, I'll get my fingers messy and grab the chocolate part. The chocolate immediately started melting an
d the CCS became uncontrollably slippery. FUCK! I silently screamed, as I was only able to eat half the berry and the rest of the chocolate went flying EVERYWHERE. Thank God I wasn't wearing a white shirt...or white pants.

So after picking up all the chocolate bits, I attempted to bite into the second
CCS, with even worse success. Strawberry juice squirted everywhere, the uneaten part of the berry fell out of my hands and landed on my desk. A total bucket of fail all around in trying to enjoy a nice dessert. It makes me wonder, do people actually find these desserts romantic? It's nothing short of messy and cumbersome. I guess the only upside to it is that you'll get to lick the chocolate off the person you're with afterwards, but that just takes so much extra planning and cleanup efforts that I find these desserts a big waste of time and money.


No comments:

Post a Comment