Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February Challenge - Day 23: Dim Sum Desserts

I've been dreaming of mango pudding all day today. Mango pudding should really be more readily available. I had a bit of a sweet tooth this afternoon. It didn't help that I have a can of caramel pecans and tupperware container of cookies at my desk...but what I could have really go for was some nice cold mango pudding with condensed milk.

In fact, I could go for any Chinese dessert this afternoon - not sure why I was so nostalgic. But a bowl of shaved ice with grass jelly and tapioca also made an entrance in my food fantasies. It is one of the things I miss from Taiwan, being able to go out to the night markets near my grandmother's house and picking up awesome desserts. Then again, I did gain 10 pounds when I went back last year.

5 days left. Starting to think about what my challenge will be for March. I'll decide by this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment