Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February Challenge - Day 8: Addicted to Almonds

During my first 8 days of eating healthy, I've managed to go on a small drinking bender, bake a huge batch of cookies (of which I've had at least a dozen), and succumbed to a new addiction. Almonds.

These tiny seeds, shaped like golden teardrops, are my new snacks in between meals. And within the last couple of days, my stress eating has led me to consume at least a container and a half worth of almonds.

Not so good. 50g of almonds = approximately 200 calories. And since I haven't gone to the gym since Sunday, these tiny teardrops are turning into lumps of saggy flesh around my waist. Well, better it be almonds than bags of chips or turning to smoking.

Perhaps March's challenge will be to stop eating almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment