Monday, February 21, 2011

February Challenge - Day 21 - Cooking and Cookies = Procrastination


As mentioned earlier this month, I've been perfecting my cookie recipe ever since my friend Lindsay's cookie party. Today, rather than working on stuff I brought home this weekend from work, I was super distracted by two things - cooking and baking.

After my workout from the gym, I had a great meal (salmon and brown rice) and then proceeded to cook my meals for the week (brown rice and stirfry). Having finished all of the cooking by about 2pm, I thought, I should work now.

Seconds later, I was distracted by laundry. Four loads of laundry later, I asked myself, what more can I do to procrastinate? Oh yes, let me bake some cookies. There is a purpose for these cookies as it is the last day of work for one of my co-workers, who likes my cookies, so I wanted to make sure I make a batch for her before she leaves.

Four dozen cookies later, I sit here wondering, where the time has gone. As I type, time is ticking away and I have not started on any of my work.

At least there's one good thing that has come out of this...I haven't had one cookie yet (so the challenge has gone well today). Here's the finished product:



No comments:

Post a Comment