Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February Challenge - Day 15: Cake

Cake. The epic solution to birthdays, special occasions and stressful situations. Today, we celebrated a co-workers birthday with a vanilla cake, decorated with loads of whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and topped with 10 Oreos.

This cake came at such a great time...4pm. The apex of a stressful day. It's close enough to the end of the day that you know you only have an hour left to get anything approved by client, and there's an hour left that your coworkers are started thinking about what they are doing for dinner. Basically, the perfect storm of no one delivering on anything you are asking for.

Therefore, you turn to cake. I cut myself a small sliver and after two bites, I inhaled the rest. Is this cheating? Perhaps. But I'd like to say I've balanced off this cake by walking to work this morning. A simple trade off for a sugary treat at a time where everyone else is in a diabetic coma like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment