Monday, February 28, 2011

February Challenge - Day 28: Final thoughts of February's Challenge

Well, 28 days later and this month's challenge is going to get mixed reviews. While I was able to stay away from fast food, there were a few times I strayed including one day where I heffed down haagen daas. This experiment has taught me a couple of things:

1) I can't put dietary restrictions on myself because I love food too much. I can never be a vegetarian, or cut out carbs or say no to cheese. Food is my weakness, and there's nothing I can do to change it.

2) Balance is key. I've been able to plan a lot of my meals for work (both lunch and dinner) and it really helped me stay away from eating poorly this month. By cooking my meals in advance, I was able to plan and portion control the meals very well.

Unlike the drinking challenge, the food challenge was not so black and white. By withholding temptations, you're just setting yourself up for failure. So the lesson learned here? Never do a food challenge again.

No comments:

Post a Comment