Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Challenge: Day 3 - Jam Bars and Breaking the Streak

I've discovered a new treat that's going to make my healthy eating challenge an actual challenge. My coworker Simonne recently brought these treats called Tricopilia back from her visit to Trinidad. These snacks taste like a more solidified packet of strawberry jam...but better. Simonne came by and dropped off three of these treats on my desk. And she laughed her face off when I called these "jam bars." I must admit that besides the brand name, I still don't know what they are called. I had two of these treats. Total discipline fail. Oh well, I had a long day.

It started at 3:30am - I got up, all excited to go to Boston to meet my clients. Get to Pearson, and the grumpy check in counter lady informed me my flight was cancelled and that nothing was flying into Boston until 1130am. My meeting was for 10am. I race to the other end of the airport to see if United or US Airways was flying out. Neither of them were. So it's 430 at this point, and I had two options...go home and sleep for an hour and get up even grumpier than I already was, or go to work. The latter won.

The great thing about getting to work early (and 4 hours earlier than everyone else) is that you get a lot of work done. When 9am hit, the flood of emails came in. By 5pm, I was pretty rundown, so when my coworker Christina offered me a Heineken, I accepted, thus ending my 31 days of not drinking. Was it worth it? Yes. It tasted like apple juice and I immediately felt a bit buzzed. Is this what happens to my tolerance after 31 days? Terrible.

Needless to say, today wasn't really a healthy day. One beer = 150 calories. Jam bars? Full of sugar. It's only day 3 and the healthy food car is just slowly backing out of the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment