Saturday, January 22, 2011

January Challenge - Day 20: Sports games with no booze = no fun

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm not the biggest sports fan. I mean, I can get fanatical about sports, like I did during the Vancouver Olympics, where I kept up with every game Team Canada played.

However, for our local sports teams, it's hard to get super excited when they continue to lose all the time. So watching the Leafs play the Capitals tonight, it was extremely to sit through it all without a beer in my hand.

Luckily, I had good company. My friend Franky, who does follow the Leafs, was a great educator of who's who on the team. Also, I was texting back and forth with Amber complaining about how much the Leafs sucked. Luckily for her, she was wasted, which I think was the only way to get though the tragedy that was the 4 - 1 loss.

I pledge I will not go to another sports game and not drink. Especially at baseball games. Man - baseball games are boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment