Saturday, January 8, 2011

January Challenge - Day 6: Winter Wonderland - need a fireplace stat

Waking up this morning, I was greeted by a white blanket covering most of Toronto. It was quite enjoyable just watching the snowfall snuggling comfortably underneath my blankets.

While lying in bed, what I wished I had in my condo was a nice fireplace which then led to the thought of a nice coffee with a kick of Bailey's. Mmmm...Bailey's.

When the snow stopped falling around noon hour, I had to face the reality that I had to get up to at least try to make my Saturday somewhat productive. I did a lot of baking this afternoon - trying to perfect my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Several batches later, I believe the cookies turned out better than my last attempt before Christmas. That batch could have been used as projectiles.

Anyhoo - the day ended with a dinner with friends and another viewing of the movie Inception - awesome movie. However, I was quickly reminded of my no-alcohol pledge as I opened my friend's fridge and found the motherload. This is what I picture my fridge in heaven would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment