Friday, January 7, 2011

January Challenge - Day 5 The Martini Glass...of Ice Cream

Day 5 of my challenge and after a long (albeit a four day week) at work, I went to the Pilot (a bar at Yonge & Bloor) for drinks with the co-workers. And by drinks, I mean a coke - much to the chagrin of my co-workers. I mean, do they even serve non-alcoholic beverages at the Pilot? My real test of resisting the booze started around 6:30pm.

My friend Reema has returned from a three year stint in Shanghai. She now knows more mandarin than I do :D. We celebrated her return with dinner at Ki (sushi place), desserts at Bloor St. Diner and then Panorama restaurant. I know, I know, can we get any more pretentious?

I can't remember the last time I went out with friends and didn't have at least one beer or a glass of wine for dinner (has alcohol affected my memory that much?) A nice beverage with at least 7% alcohol content always accompanies
a meal out. You can imagine how tempting it was when everyone at the table was having a glass of wine, then there was a tempting pint of Sapporo (my favourite beer) and then girly drinks at Panorama.

So far, I'm holding steady. It wasn't that hard to resist drinking tonight. The gang was pretty good about not peer pressuring me or be mean about my cleanse. In the end, I did get something delivered in a martini glass to the table.


It was dessert - mango sorbet. Sigh...23 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment