Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January Challenge - Day 3 - Go Canada Go!

I haven't been following the World Junior Championships as much as others have. However, as Team Canada edges closer to bringing the Gold back to Canada (and how sweet it is that they are doing that on US soil), how I wish I could be sitting at a Jack Astor's watching the game on the jumbo screen while downing a few pints with friends.

Watching this Gold Medal match (right now, Canada leads 2 - 0), it takes me back to the Vancouver Olympics, where I was an absolutely nutcase following Team Canada's road to victory. I watched every game with friends at Jack's - I remember watching the 7-3 victory over Russia, each goal was celebrated with a beer. Even the semi-final game against Slovakia, we had about 1 - 1.5 pitchers each at a bar in Vancouver. The only time I didn't drink was at the Gold Medal game (see picture above) - I was too scared I'd fill my bladder and miss a golden moment while waiting to pee.

So I guess I continue my Gold Medal non-drinking tradition. I tip my imaginary pint glass to you Team Canada. Bring home the gold boys.

BOOM - as I finished my last sentence - they scored again! 3-0!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment