Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Challenge - Day 9: I miss the LCBO.

On my way home today, I was distracted by a few things - first, I picked up a great book at Indigo about raising children under a Chinese household (no, I'm not having kids soon) and second, a couple in front of me was having the most horrendous public display of affection convo ever.

Needless to say, I missed my streetcar stop. I had to get off at King and Spadina, where bam, there's an LCBO right in my face.

I have to say, I love the LCBO. I remember back in the 90's when my parents would drag me to the neighbourhood LCBO, it was dark, with terrible layout and the staff knew little to nothing about their wines. And in the early 2000s, everything changed - they opened up new locations, bigger, brighter and with more knowledgable staff. Really, one of the best brand turnaround case studies in Canada.

For me, walking around the LCBO is like a guy's guy walking around Home Depot, or a woman wandering around in a shoe store. I'm a kid in a candy store - with candy that will fuck you up.

I can imagine that if the LCBO was a person, it would have probably written me a letter by now (similar to what is pictured above - yes, I wrote that note for comedic effect). Sorry LCBO, it's not you, it's me. I'm quitting you for 28 days. Day 9 - just 19 more days to go!!!

PS - I would actually be really concerned if the LCBO wrote me a letter. I pray that never happens.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, don't try to cover it up. You wrote yourself a love note.

    ReplyDelete